Take a day to heal from the lies you’ve told yourself and the ones that have been told to you. – Maya Angelo
Lies can be pervasive and subtly undermine your ability to be who you truly are. They come from a variety of places, but most come from our own minds, our own thoughts. Sometimes we may not realize the lies we tell ourselves. It’s a form of habitual thinking that becomes almost unconscious. One way to start making them conscious is to ask yourself some thought-provoking questions. Here are a few to get you started:
- What guilty feelings do you have for decisions made in the past?
- What is your overall view of yourself?
- Do you accept who you are? (that means all parts, positive and negative)
- What are some of your deepest fears? This is important because most of the time we view ourselves negatively based on our fears.
- What things haven’t you tried because of lack of belief, ability and etc.?
- What 3 things seem to affect your self-worth?
- What are you not doing that you absolutely love to do? What are the beliefs that are stopping you from doing it?
So, take a day. Stop the lies for a few hours. Say what you mean. Be who you want to be. Do what you want to do. Just for a day. Try it out. See how it feels.