In a world that seems increasingly snarky and judgmental, be kind. Be kind to your friends, be kind to your family, be kind to yourselves. And remember, just as you are, everyone really is just doing the best they can. – Katie Couric
We are really doing the best we can. We judge so quickly and so harshly now. It’s important to give people a break. What happened to mature discussion about controversial topics?
Next time you are quick to judge, step back and think about things a little bit. Would you be happy if you were judged that quick? Would you like to have your side of the story listened to?
Here is my “practice this” list:
- Practice being nice.
- Practice being a good listener.
- Practice getting angry without being hurtful.
- Practice smiling on a regular basis.
- Practice seeing the humorous side of a situation.
- Practice taking the high road.
- Practice less judgment.
- Practice “chilling” out.
- Practice what you preach.
- Practice compassion and empathy.
Lighten up more in your life.