Today, Nat talked about appreciating the small blessings in that come our way. It’s really a fantastic skill to learn and then use constantly. I like using this technique because it is a great way to get through tough days. It helps to bring your focus back to things that are more important and can very quickly lift your attitude.
I got to practice appreciating the small things over the last seven days as I dealt with the flu virus. Here are 20 things I appreciated during my illness:
- Calls from my parents.
- Calls from Erica.
- Calls from my daughter.
- Realizing I hadn’t coughed for about 15 minutes straight.
- Watching Seinfeld.
- Catching up on some reading.
- That really great cup of tea.
- Not having a fever when I checked it.
- The neighbors bringing me homemade chicken soup.
- The positive mood of the nurse at the hospital.
- Falling snow on my second worst flu day.
- Oranges. (Not sure why. They just tasted really good.)
- Catching up on some To-Do items.
- Playing with my new iPhone.
- A hot shower.
- Sleeping for six hours straight.
- Chatting with my friends in London.
- Erica cleaning the snow off my car.
- Not having to go to work.
What are some small things that you appreciate?
Have a great day!